Manufacturer and Distributor of high-quality packaging materials and innovative packaging machines has an immediate opening for a a Safety Coordinator/Industrial Engineer (EHS).
Summary: The Safety Coordinator/Industrial Engineer is a dual role that will be the primary, onsite safety specialist and assist in the optimization of complex processes or systems.
Safety - responsible for developing and maintaining company safety procedures and oversees the company's safety program, safety committee, environmental processes and standards, accident investigations, required report submission, and training.
Industrial Engineering - responsible for finding ways to eliminate wastefulness in the production processes, design equipment to coordinate production planning to minimize production issues and costs while ensuring products meet quality standards. This role will design, develop and maintain manufacturing routes to maximize effectiveness, efficiency, and space.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering/related field or equivalent combination of
education and experience
- Minimum of 3 years as a Safety professional in a Manufacturing setting. Machine Shop experience preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years industrial engineering.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert knowledge of current safety practices, OSHA regulations, and industrial processes.
- Proven background in quality and safety in a precision manufacturing environment
- Strong planning and organizational abilities.
- Experience in training, facilitating, coaching, and implementation with all organizational levels.
- Knowledgeable and capable of establishing/installing work methods and labor measurement standards.
- Experience with 5S/Lean Operations
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Knowledge of production processes, costs, quality control, raw materials and other methods for maximizing the efficient manufacture and distribution of goods.
- Advanced knowledge of machines and tools, their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Ability to design and understand precision technical plans, blueprints, drawings and models.
Pay: $78k to $96k annually and generous benefit package offered