Set Up Technician
Set Up Technician
Local Company in Beaumount is seeking a Machine set up to join their team! This manufacturing company has been in operation since 1956. The company has over 300 employees and is continuing grow. They are a leader in PVC Piping thriving in a culture of innovation and attracting exceptional individuals who continually seek new challenges. Please call our office (909)792-1252.
Salary: $19.00 an hour
Temp to perm
1st shift, 6am-2:30pm, M-Fri.
Injection molding machine set-up person.
- Follow all safety policies and procedures
- Mold set-up/Change molds as needed for production
- Operate forklift
- Operate overhead crane to move molds to selected machines
- Clean and perform basic maintenance and lubrication of molds
- Set-up machines according to production needs
- Move and store molds in designated areas
- Assemble special tools and fixtures
- Responsible for troubleshooting mold set-up problems during production
- Fill out production paper work
- Meet performance goals agreed on
- Follow company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of this job
- Other duties as assigned
Position Specifications and Requirements
- Ability to understand, read, write English, Bi-lingual would be a plus
- Minimum 1-2 years set-up/mold changing experience
- Ability to discriminate between acceptable and unacceptable part; dimensional or visual characteristics
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, certificate of training beyond high school is preferred
- Ability to handle several tasks simultaneously
- Ability to read and interpret documents, such as specific machine manuals.
- Must have a working knowledge of machinery and components.
- High on mechanical attitude
- Ability to work in a team environment and follow directions
- Proficient to excellent problem-solving skills
- Basic math skills
- Work in any shift in consider a plus.
Physical and Mental Demands
- Standing/sitting – Standing with continuous movement for up to 8 hours
- Lifting/Carrying – Push, pull and/or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Bending/Reaching – Frequent bending, reaching.
- Walking/Climbing – Frequent walking, occasional climbing
- Hand Tasks – Good manual dexterity required (both hands) for removing, packing, measuring parts.
- Knowledge – Above average math skills for measuring, estimating, and checking parts for correct dimensions, and process calculations.