LD Utility Technician
LD Utility Technician
Grand Rapids, Michigan
International expert in conveyor belt solutions is seeking an experienced LD Utility Technician to work out of their state-of-the-art facility in Grand Rapids, MI. This company has been named "101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For" by the National Association for Business Resources.
Let's parade the perks of the Engineering Supervisor position:
- After 6 months of employment, the Engineering Supervisor can work remotely up to two days per week.
- Top Notch benefits that include Medical, Dental and Vision insurance that start on your first day of employment
- Pension plan and 401k with 2% company match
- 4 weeks of vacation and 12 paid holidays per year
- Competitive compensation starting at $85,000 annually
- Tuition reimbursement/educational assistance
- 2 Year Technical Degree is required
- 2+ years drafting experience with knowledge and proficiency in 3D CAD (Solidworks preferred) and MS Office Suite.
- 5+ years of technical experience in an industrial environment with working knowledge of basic metal fabrication skills such as welding, bending, milling, drilling and sheet metal design.
- Able to support design, development, and prototype builds of mechanical components & systems, problem solve & troubleshoot challenges with these types of products, then participate in effort to identify and implement corrective actions.
- Demonstrated hands-on approach and ability to advance various designs from an idea to concept model to engineering drawings.
- Must be able to communicate & work well with manufacturing, purchasing, marketing, and engineering personnel in a dynamic work environment.
- Working knowledge of mechanical properties of a variety of materials including ferrous and non-ferrous metals, rubbers, plastics, and urethanes; and electrical & machine control systems design & schematics is preferred.
- Exposure to working conditions in industrial environments without environmental controls.
- Lift over 50 lbs.
- Able to train & perform work on and around conveyor systems with limited accessibility – including points that are often many stories above the ground floor.
- Travel up to 10% of time.
Key Result Area:
- Process technical information (CAD Models, specs, etc.) provided by the engineers, and then detail & distribute it for use by others in the organization. This includes new product development and ECO process related activities.
- Serve as a technical resource for both internal and external customers to the department.
- Participate in projects and tasks to support implementation of department and project goals.
- Support and exemplify the Company’s Vision and Values through all categories of the statement; great people, customer commitment, integrity, achievement, collaboration, and innovation while serving as a technical resource within our company.
- Generate detailed product models & drawings of components & assemblies in Solid Works with complete & accurate dimensioning and appropriate descriptions & numbering.
- Design custom / special products and support this process from beginning to end - including purchasing parts and coordinating the manufacture and build of orders.
- Design, build, validate, and maintain various items like prototypes, engineering test equipment, fixtures and tooling, and trade show displays.
- Research, identify, and determine or recommend which raw materials, stock components, and shipping materials to be used. Identify potential design improvements and utilize personal experience and other internal & external experts to develop, propose, test, and implement practical solutions.
- Conduct site visits with internal customers, external customers and suppliers as needed for technical reviews, pre-installation activities, product installations, or field testing.
- Support engineering activities by assisting in various prototype builds, product reviews, and internal & external testing as directed. Process ECO’s and assist with ECC activities as directed.