Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Advanced Manufacturing Engineer
Grand Rapids, Michigan
International expert in conveyor belt solutions has an immediate opening for an ADVANCED MANUFACTURING ENGINEER who is an excellent communicator, possesses systems expertise, outstanding decision-making ability, and is a leader who inspires creativity in their team. The Advanced Manufacturing Engineer will work out of a state-of-the-art facility in Walker, MI.
This company has been named "101 Best & Brightest Companies to Work For" by the National Association for Business Resources.
Let's parade the perks of the ADVANCED MANUFACTURING ENGINEER position:
- Top Notch benefits that include Medical, Dental and Vision insurance that start on your first day of employment
- Pension plan and 401k with 2% company match
- 4 weeks of vacation and 12 paid holidays per year
- Competitive compensation starting at $85,000 annually
- Tuition reimbursement/educational assistance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in design and development of manufacturing processes and hardware for new and existing products
- Knowledge and proficiency in 3D CAD (SolidWorks preferred).
- Skilled in application of fundamental engineering principles
- Experienced in designing, implementing, and supporting new manufacturing processes from Concept to Launch to Long Term Production in these product lifecycle phases. This includes detailed product costing, routings, and other elements of the product manufacturing plan for new and engineering changes to existing products.
- Knowledge of the mechanical properties of a variety of materials including ferrous and non-ferrous metals, rubbers, plastics, and urethanes.
- Hands-on experience with manufacturing processes: Metal fabrication (precision machining, sheet metal cutting & forming, welding, casting, heat treating, etc.), Plastics (injection molding, roto-molding, thermoforming, etc.), Coatings and Finishes, Automation, Lean Manufacturing (DFM/DFA), and other industrial processes.
- Demonstrated ability to lead the design, development, and release of production tooling, fixtures, machines, and other equipment needed to support the development and launch of new products and engineering changes. This includes activities needed for rapid prototyping, test builds, and production intent processes and with our external supply chain partners.
- Strong ability to problem solves and troubleshoots the most difficult challenges with these processes, then lead effort to identify and implement corrective actions.
Key Responsibility Areas:
- Lead the update of existing - and development of new - manufacturing processes to support the rollout of ECO’s and new LD products. Collaborate with internal and external team members to develop virtual and physical models to simulate, refine, and validate these processes before they are released to production.
- Serve as a technical guide and subject matter expert on manufacturing processes as design changes and new product releases are introduced via the ECO and NPD processes. Share knowledge with coworkers and suppliers through collaboration and mentoring.
- Support and exemplify the Company’s Vision and Values through all categories of the statement; People First, Better Together, Customer Centered, Forward Thinking, Committed to Excellence.
- Serve as a technical resource within the company.
To design, develop, and implement new and updated manufacturing processes in an efficient and timely manner. Scope to include those processes utilized in producing belt fasteners, application tools, light duty belt conveyor products & accessories, and belt fabrication equipment.
- Follow approved product development process to conceptualize, evaluate feasibility, design, and develop new and/or significantly improved manufacturing processes to meet new and existing product design change needs as prioritized by Marketing and the Engineering Manager.
- Develops manufacturing process technology and concepts in conjunction with the Company’s LD Product R&D, Engineering Changes, VA/VE, and other activities.
- Leads development of the Manufacturing Plan and its key components such as Product Costing Estimates “aka Cost Sheet”, Routings, Tooling plans, Op-Prints, Capacity Evaluation, and other manufacturing engineering related launch tasks. Recommends optimal manufacturing process to support design intent and provides input to product design in the form of tolerances, dimensions, datums as a liaison between the needs of the product design and manufacturing process.
- Participates in PFMEA development and other quality planning activities. May support development of industrial engineering activities such as Work Center layouts, component dunnage design, etc.
- Assign and prioritize work for technical support personnel—test technician, designers/detailers, and others. May supervise and/or mentors engineering interns.
- Coordinate with Tool Room, Operations, and external suppliers to provide direction for, and functional requirements of, special equipment, fixtures, and tooling designed for LD & NT product lines.
- Define and coordinate Production intent process runoffs to validate & verify new or updated manufacturing processes internal and external
- Participate in Continuous Improvement programs, WPO, and suggestion system.
- Work on special projects as assigned.
- Exposed to elements in industrial environments
- Ability to lift 75 pounds