CNC Machinist, 2nd
CNC Machinist, 2nd
Engineering Company is seeking eager, reliable, and sharp individuals interested in the Manufacturing Industry to join their team. This organization is hiring Entry Level candidates and will provide training. As one of the top manufacturing companies in the area, the company has over 400 employees and is continuing to grow. They are a leader in micro technology; thriving in a culture of innovation and attracting exceptional individuals who continually seek new challenges.
Submit your resume to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered!
Position: 1st shift- 7:00am- 3:30pm (Monday thru Friday)
Pay-rate: $15.00/hr., Temp to hire
A Day on the Job:
Performing machining operations on metal or plastic materials to produce parts that meet quality standards per provided specifications and to ensure customer delivery commitments are met.
- Operation of machines; performs machine start up procedures, basic controls, machine lubrication, and machine operations. Understands material requirements/types and performs product handling procedures.
- Verify conformance of product in accordance with quality plans (i.e., using visual inspection techniques, microscopes, micrometers, automated measuring instruments, tool maker’s scope, pin gages, drop gages and concentricity gages).
- Understands the fundamentals of the quality management system.
- Reads and interprets drawings. Understands defect types, sorting and control procedures.
- Performs work in accordance with traveler and work instructions.
- Performs technical end of shift duties, end of job tear-down and housekeeping procedures.
- Observes safety policies including personal protective equipment requirements and hazardous/emergency procedures
Knowledge and Abilities: Interprets instructions both written and oral. Works in a team environment to resolve work issues. Knowledge of basic shop math. Communicates effectively in English.
Education and Experience: Minimum High School Diploma or GED with a technical education such as a machining school. Previous work experience in manufacturing setting preferred but not necessary.
Physical Demands: Must be able to occasionally exert push force up to 50 pounds, must have good eye sight and hand dexterity, and able to identify and distinguish colors.