A/R A/P Specialist
A/R A/P Specialist
Distribution in Redlands is seeking an AR/AP specialist to join their team. The ideal candidate would have three years of experience in an AR/AP position or related role who is detailed oriented, has a passion for numbers, and who possess strong work ethic. This position requires processing Accounts Payable related transactions and reviews and ensures the accurate payment of vendor invoices and proper coding to the General Ledger.
- Location: Redlands, Ca
- Type of position: Temp to hire
- Pay Rate: $25.00/hr.
Submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
- Reviews and matches Invoices, P.O.’s, and Receivers.
- Researches discrepancies and follows up with vendors.
- Codes invoices with correct general ledger account numbers.
- Processes credit requests and check processing.
- Reviews and processes expense reports.
- Enters and posts batches.
- Attaches checks to proper backup
- Researches and reconciles statements monthly.
- Prints accounts payable aging report and researches any significantly aged items.
- Supports applicable regulations including ISO, Local, State, and/or Federal requirements.
- Responsible for month end accruals.
- Reconciles purchase clearing account.
- Support AR/Collections and other accounting back-office processing as needed- estimated 30% of role.
- Performs other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS
- Associate’s degree in related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- 3+ years of experience in Finance and Accounting; AP and AR Preferred.
- Ability to manipulate large amounts of data- pivot tables & v-lookups (strong excel analytics background)
- Experience with Ad Hoc AR analysis, research and reporting
- Ability to streamline processes through necessary skill sets; identify process improvement opportunities
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Manufacturing and/ or Distribution background experience preferred.
- Knowledge of Oracle preferred.
- Able to accomplish assigned projects utilizing strong communication (written and verbal), project management, time management and collaboration skills.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Ability to multi-task and solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to perform high quality work within assigned deadlines.
- Ability to think strategically and be able to focus on the accomplishment of current departmental priorities.
- Ability to provide service with integrity and confidentiality.
- Regular, timely attendance.
- Strong ability to work well in a variety of team environments.