Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Manufacturer of screw machine products located in Ontario, CA, has an immediate opening for a Sales Manager. With over 60 years in business and recognized as an industry leader in the production of screw machine products, they are experiencing continuous growth.
The Mechanical Design Engineer position is offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), a 401k program, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and best of all only work 16 days a month on a true 4-day work week.
The Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for preparing clear, complete and accurate detail and assembly drawings, operation sheets, bills of material, and other specified engineering requirements from customer drawings, rough or detailed sketches, notes, or samples, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Working closely with Chief Engineer, management, internal and external customers to ensure that the product requirements and costs are being met.
- Review, create and verify work order release packages with accuracy and consistency.
- Must be well versed in Autocad, Solidworks and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software.
- Creation of detail and assembly drawings, to include drafting of Bills of Materials and Manufacturing Processes in accordance with established standards.
- Ability to create test reports that validate the performance of the product.
- Knowledge of various machining processes, engineering design principles, mathematics, materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.Ability to calculate flow, stress and pressure drops.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes in order to determine sequence and number of operational steps that will be required to produce a complete part/assembly, based on knowledge of machining operations, production processes, and equipment.
- Ability to perform tolerance studies, verify dimensions of parts/assemblies, material compatibility, component interferences, and individual component fitment relationships.
- Drafts scale drawings of each part/assembly, delineating contours and dimensions for manufacture of the part/assembly.
- Compares part drawings with customer/government drawings or samples of parts/assemblies to determine correctness of dimensions and form.
- Observes processes/operations for newly designed parts/assemblies in production to determine need for redesign or readiness for production use.
- Reviews first article inspection reports on newly designed parts/assemblies, dispositions non-conforming findings, when required changes drawings to match the finish part/assembly.
- Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired to existing part/assembly drawings, operation sheets, test procedures, bills of material, or other engineering specifications/documentation.
- Knowledge of additive manufacturing processes and practices.
- Ability to perform internal audits of manufacturing processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science degree; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Well versed in Inventor, AutoCad and Solidworks.