Prepares clear, complete and accurate detail and assembly drawings, operation sheets, bills of material, and other specified engineering requirements from customer/government drawings, rough or detailed sketches, notes, or samples, by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Working closely with Chief Engineer, management, internal and external customers to ensure that the product requirements and costs are being met.
- Review, create and verify work order release packages with accuracy and consistency.
- Must be well versed in Autocad, Solidworks and Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) software.
- Creation of detail and assembly drawings, to include drafting of Bills of Materials and Manufacturing Processes in accordance with established standards.
- Ability to create test reports that validate the performance of the product.
- Knowledge of various machining processes, engineering design principles, mathematics, materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.Ability to calculate flow, stress and pressure drops.
- Knowledge of various manufacturing processes in order to determine sequence and number of operational steps that will be required to produce a complete part/assembly, based on knowledge of machining operations, production processes, and equipment.
- Ability to perform tolerance studies, verify dimensions of parts/assemblies, material compatibility, component interferences, and individual component fitment relationships.
- Drafts scale drawings of each part/assembly, delineating contours and dimensions for manufacture of the part/assembly.
- Compares part drawings with customer/government drawings or samples of parts/assemblies to determine correctness of dimensions and form.
- Observes processes/operations for newly designed parts/assemblies in production to determine need for redesign or readiness for production use.
- Reviews first article inspection reports on newly designed parts/assemblies, dispositions non-conforming findings, when required changes drawings to match the finish part/assembly.
- Makes any adjustments or changes necessary or desired to existing part/assembly drawings, operation sheets, test procedures, bills of material, or other engineering specifications/documentation.
- Knowledge of additive manufacturing processes and practices.
- Ability to perform internal audits of manufacturing processes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor of Science degree; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Well versed in AutoCad and Solidworks. Certified Solidwork Associate (CSWA) preferred but not required. Demonstration of abilities will be required.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as exponents, logarithms, quadratic equations, and permutations. Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
Must have a current California driver’s license.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and depth perception.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Must be able to read and write English. Must be able to communicate fluently in English.