Manufacturer and Distributor of high-quality packaging materials and innovative packaging machines has an immediate opening for a Senior Buyer.
The Sr. Buyer is responsible for purchasing goods, materials and services to ensure that the company’s operational needs are met, taking into account price, quality, delivery and to ensure continuity of supply. This position reports to the Manufacturing Manager.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree required in Business, Operations, Supply Chain or related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 10 + years’ experience in procurement or material management (raw materials a plus)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
An enthusiastic self-starter with a strong drive to improve existing processes & systems. Excellent organizational skills, ability to balance immediate/ long term priorities and exceptional multi- tasking skills are a necessity. Key objectives will be achieving/improving/exceeding targeted customer service levels, managing inventory levels & targets, and managing supply & demand within manufacturing & customer part sales
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures within the field of purchasing.
- Understanding of component parts including an understanding of engineering specifications.
- Knowledge of reading engineering blueprints.
- Ability to reason mathematically using methods/formulas to problem solve.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternate solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Sound analytical, planning, multi-tasking, organization, coordination & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Responsible for all activities involving the submission of purchase orders in order to fulfill material requirements.
- Coordinates purchase orders with production & engineering schedules.
- Reviews pricing, quantity discounts, terms & transportation requirements to determine if they meet departmental deadlines & objectives.
- Reviews & analyzes MRP requirements in order to expedite or reschedule as needed.
- Provides material impact analysis and initiate approved changes in production as necessary.
- Conducts regular follow-ups and expedites materials as necessary
- Required interdepartmental communication & coordination between Manufacturing, Sales, Shipping & Receiving, Inventory, Inspection & Accounting.
- Adheres to all company policies, safety rules and safe work practices.
- Works overtime as required.
- May perform other duties as assigned.
Generally, travel is not required
Annual salary starts at $65k to $75k
Generous benefit package