Manufacturer of screw machine products located in Ontario, CA, has an immediate opening for a Sales Manager. With over 60 years in business and recognized as an industry leader in the production of screw machine products, they are experiencing continuous growth.
The Sales Manager position is offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits package, including health insurance (medical, dental, vision), a 401k program, life insurance, paid holidays, vacation and best of all only work 16 days a month on a true 4-day work week.
In the Sales Manager role, you will establish and maintain a strong relationship with customers throughout the complete sales cycle: generating and following up on leads, developing sales quotations, and making proposals. The successful Sales Manager will combine strong sales skills with engineering/manufacturing knowledge. This is a key position and is often viewed as “the face of the company”. The successful Sales Manager may be a sales professional with engineering knowledge or, an engineer with strong sales skills.
Work-life balance is valued and they expect their sales professionals to be home every night and every weekend is a three-day weekend.
- Proactively develop contacts and engage with customers using phone, email, web conferencing and in person visits.
- Identify current and future customer requirements by establishing personal rapport with customers, acting as a liaison between the customers and the company.
- Prepare quotes by studying blueprints, plans, specifications and related customer documents, consulting with Engineering, technical experts, and other technical staff within the company.
- Calculate or establish pricing and lead-time from standard price lists, local costing models proprietary software as well as from operational input
- Follow-up on quotations providing clarification and modifications when required
- Develop detailed pricing strategies and programs
- Develop and maintain sales reports and summaries
- Develop sales and marketing tools including the use of social media platforms
Skills / Qualifications:
- 5 years of sales or customer service experience preferably in a manufacturing environment
- 2 - 5 years of relevant technical experience or a degree in a related science or engineering subject preferred
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions, and apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry
- Strong interpersonal relationship skills and the ability to engage with customers. Professional personal appearance, communication skills and deportment.
- Good analytical skills and report development using both Microsoft products and proprietary software
- Some domestic overnight travel may be required
Pay based on experience. Apply now for immediate consideration.