Manufacturer and Distributor of high-quality packaging materials and innovative packaging machines has an immediate opening for a Project Manager
The role of the Project Manager is to support management of capital equipment development projects in the liquid packaging industry.
The Project Manager reports to the Director of Engineering.
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technical or Business field from an accredited institution.
- PMP Certification is a plus
- 5+ years of experience in project management in a manufacturing company
- Project management experience of automated machinery, industrial, packaging or other capital equipment is strongly preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong project planning and organizational skills with the ability to lead multiple sustaining and new product development projects in a fast-pace and rapidly changing environment
- Experienced leading integrated product teams in a Concurrent Engineering stage-gate like life-cycle model
- Strong experience working in manufacturing companies, ideally in capital equipment. Automated packing equipment experience is strongly preferred
- Experienced leading projects of low volume-high mix custom engineered equipment
- Team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrates a positive and can-do attitude
- Creative, independent, flexible, and detailed oriented, with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Solves complex problems, takes a new perspective on existing solutions, exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Highly accountable to self and others, a commitment to customer service, works with a sense of urgency, drives projects to meet objectives, identifies risks and mitigation activity, understands the critical path and works with internal stakeholders to motivate and find solutions
- Must possesses advanced knowledge of MS Project, Smartsheet, or other project management software
- Knowledge of MS Office applications including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experienced working with MRP and PDM systems, and Change Control processes
- Understanding of the concepts of Lean Manufacturing
- Knowledge of engineering fundamentals combined with a strong business acumen and analytical capabilities
- Familiar with machined and sheet metal parts, electro-mechanical systems, high- precision servo-motion control, understanding of PLCs, and with various agency standards such as CE, UL, and FDA (CFR Title 21)
- Ability to read and interpret Engineering design data (drawings, BOMs, technical documentation, etc) is a plus
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for leading all machinery projects on existing platforms from receipt of order to shipment
- Responsible for leading new product development on new platforms
- Responsible for leading upgrades to machines in the field and other special projects
- Works with Sales to ensure accurate and timely creation of machine specifications, and provides Sales with timely reporting of project status and management of customer scope changes
- Works with the Engineering, Operations, Assembly and Technical Services teams to ensure timely completion of machine releases, product realization, design validation, commissioning and customer Factory Acceptance Testing (FAT)
- Develops and maintains project schedules, develops action and risk registrars, drives closure of critical path and risk issues, and develops and drives adherence to project goals and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of scope, quality, schedule, machine and project cost
- Leads integrated product team project meetings with the focus on achievement of the project goals and the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Create project summaries to senior management
- Develops new product development processes and methodologies
- Participates in design reviews with both internal and external customers
- Travel to vendor or customer sites to provide project support, as required
- Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor
Travel: Limited travel required
Annual salary starts at $90k and generous benefit package offered