Supply Chain Manager
Supply Chain Manager
Manufacturer and Distributor of high-quality packaging materials and innovative packaging machines has an immediate opening for a Supply Chain Manager.
The Supply Chain Manager reports to Director, Operations.
Summary: The Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for production scheduling, capacity review material usage and supplier management. Additionally, the Supply Chain Manager will be responsible for oversite and direction of a team that includes purchasing, production control, inventory control and shipping & receiving. The person in this position will play a major hands-on role in investigating and developing outside suppliers with the goal of creating exceptional customer service. This position interfaces regularly with representatives from Fabrication, Assembly, Quality, Finance, Engineering and Sales.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain/Logistics, or equivalent
- 5+years of supply chain, logistics, or warehouse management experience
- Certified Production Inventory Management (CPIM)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
An enthusiastic self-starter with a strong drive to improve existing processes & systems. Excellent organizational skills, ability to balance immediate/ long term priorities, and exceptional multitasking skills are a necessity. Key objectives will be achieving/improving/exceeding targeted customer service levels, managing inventory levels & targets, and managing supply & demand within manufacturing & customer part sales.
- Solid knowledge of Supply Chain and Materials Management Systems.
- Ability to prioritize departmental activities, set effective (SMART) goals and objectives in line with overall company strategy.
- Strong analytical, planning, multi-tasking, organization, coordination & problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret data and make strong decisions where needed.
- Understanding of component parts, including an understanding of engineering specifications.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills with a proven ability to create and maintain positive working relationships with vendors, suppliers, shippers, and customers.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail with a strong sense of urgency, as needed.
- Quick learner with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, maintain focus, and adapt to a variety of challenges.
- Able to work independently and within a team.
- Strong ERP system experience.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise daily operations of the Supply Chain Team and ensure proper and timely execution of all the corresponding tasks.
- Collaborates with other departments and stakeholders to identify and maintain resources needed to establish and provide an effective supply chain.
- Negotiating terms and process with suppliers and freight companies, monitoring, and assessing their performance and maintaining cost effective practices.
- Maintains required quantity of supplies and materials to optimize production.
- Analyzes current inventories and procedures; suggests improvements to increase efficiency of supply chain and profitability for the company.
- Develops policies to increase efficiency throughout the supply chain while ensuring quality and safety; implements subsequent changes to processes.
- Monitors the performance of suppliers, assessing their ability to meet quality and delivery requirements; identifies and qualifies new suppliers in collaboration with other departments.
- Implementing logistic strategies, tracking goods from the origination point to the warehouse.
- Analyzing the supply chain data and solving any issues or putting alternative plans in place.
- Identifying and minimizing risk by predicting the demand for products and adopting new technology with no interruption to the process.
- Develops appropriate supply chain strategy to maximize customer satisfaction at the lowest possible cost.
- Leads the supply chain team in executing best practices and measuring performance through agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Limited travel required
Annual salary starts at $110k
Generous benefit package