Quality inspector, 2nd
Quality inspector, 2nd
Local manufacturing company located in Rialto looking to hire for a Quality Inspector. The company has been in operation for over 43 year, they manufacturers and distributes high-quality packaging materials and related innovative packaging machines. The company's products are used primarily for the protection of perishable foods, beverages, and in health care applications.
Summary: Reporting to the Quality Engineer, the Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for performing in-process inspection of products to ensure that specifications are being met and company quality standards are followed.
Position: 2nd shift
Pay-rate: $18-$20 (DOE)
Education: High School diploma/GED required.
Experience: 2+ years QC Inspector experience of machine parts and assemblies
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and a results-driven approach
- Familiarity with quality testing machines and systems
- Knowledge of quality control standards
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Working knowledge of ERP system
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Understanding of raw materials and the manufacturing industry
- Strong ability to interact in cross-function setting
- Must be well organized
- Mechanically inclined
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create Manufacturing Plans in 1factory software based on the critical dimensions and critical to quality parameters of work-in-process, machine sub-assemblies and final assemblies as they are processed through the assembly process.
- Approve parts, work-in-process, sub-assemblies and final assemblies as they are processed through the assembly process, by confirming conformance to specifications for fit, form and function, through:
- Document results of inspection and testing in 1factory.
- Document and report nonconforming materials by creating the Nonconformance Report (NCR) in 1factory software.
- Follow up on the disposition of nonconforming parts (return to vendor, scrap, or rework) and confirm rework to ensure these conform to requirements and update the NCR as necessary.
- Keep and maintain measurement equipment and tools operating by following operating, storage, and calibration requirements.
- Perform small hand tool calibration, such as calipers and micrometers.
- Write and submit Engineering Change Requests (ECR) as necessary to facilitate the fabrication and inspection processes.
- Maintain a safe and healthy work environment by following Company standards and procedures and complying with Winpak policies.
- Support Company key performance indicators on safety, quality, inventory, delivery, and productivity.
- Work overtime as needed.
- Maintain regular attendance and excellent punctuality.
- Perform other duties as assigned Other duties as assigned