A. Job Description
Procurement Specialist handles daily tasks of supply chain, reporting to Director of Operations and President of the company.
• Source targeted products, monitor cost and prepare purchase orders and logistics
• Track lead time, deliveries, changes or cancellations and update inventory accordingly.
• Initiate purchasing positions for items low in inventory or future planning.
• Coordinate information and documents with Customer Brokers for imported items
• Ensure observation and obedience of FDA Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA)
• Obtain and exam all applicable standardized product documents from suppliers
• Create and maintain purchasing files and price lists
• Working with President of the company for budgeting and approving new items and/or new suppliers
• Negotiate costs and payment terms; establish credit line with new vendors
• May require travel to out-of-state trade shows and events for product/market research as well as attending training and regulatory seminars
• Other duties as assigned by Operations relating to procurement.
• Must be detail & task oriented with strong work ethics
• Must manage time effectively to meet deadlines
• Excellent attendance is expected
• Proficiency in English; excellent reading and business communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills
• Adequate skills with MS Office suite (must be proficient in Excel)
• Some college degree or higher; or equivalent job experience
• Team player