Shipping and Receiving Clerk.
Shipping and Receiving Clerk.
Rancho Cucamonga, California
A Large Manufacturing plant located in the Rancho Cucamonga, CA area is seeking a Shipping and Receiving Clerk.
This is a temp to hire position with a great company. The ideal candidate will have 3-6 years relevant experience in Shipping with a minimum of 2 years of International Exporting, Experience with UPS WorldShip and ability to use and operate a forklift.
M-F 5AM – 2:30PMb With every other Friday off
$20-$24 Depending on Experience – Must have 2 years international shipping and export experience
If you feel you are a good fit please apply at Arrowstaffing.com and forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prepares international and domestic shipments per export regulations, customer order requirements, packaging and marking requirements from contract, specifications, blueprints, oral instructions, or knowledge of materials to be shipped and known shipping conditions. May prepare shipments such as parts, assemblies, and tooling. Performs repetitive work to assemble cartons and pack products, parts, or merchandise into designated packaging configurations (e.g. carton, pallet, crate or etc.). Loads trucks on occasion. Reviews outbound packing lists to ensure all required items are included and counts are correct. Prepares International Shipment Documentation, in compliance with Export Regulations and internal procedures. Coordinates all carrier services and files and maintains all international and domestic documentation records. Prepares reports as necessary. Provides status and engages in daily communication with internal stakeholders. Performs receiving, stockroom functions, and general material handling in addition to Shipping duties as required.
3-6 years relevant experience in Shipping with a minimum of 2 years of International Exporting
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (These are things the candidate should possess prior to being hired, i.e., computer skills):
- Analytical/Problem solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Warehouse Processes (Shipping & Receiving, Packaging, kit pulling, point of use inventory etc.).
- Computer skills (Microsoft Office, MAPICS, etc.).
- International Shipping knowledge
- Experience with UPS WorldShip®
- Mechanical Measurement and Instrumentation skills (Scale counting).
- General knowledge of Military Specification Marking and Packaging Requirements.
- Excellent Oral and written Communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a positive professional demeanor.
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to pay attention to detail.
- Professionalism and ability to interface effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to work in a comprehensive team environment.
- Ability to drive a forklift as necessary.
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (List the essential functions of the position, i.e., what incumbent is required to do, not how it is done):
- Determines shipping priorities and shipping methods required to meet delivery schedules, utilizing knowledge of shipping procedures, routes and rates.
- Reviews contracts and customer order to determine packaging and marking requirements.
- Prepares required Government Documentation, special packaging, and labeling for shipments as necessary.
- Generates RFID, shipping and other labels as required utilizing different software interfaces.
- Verifies accuracy of shipping labels
- Affixes shipping labels on outer cartons
- Examines outgoing shipments to ensure shipments meet specifications.
- Ensures appearance and condition standards for quality are met for end product as well as all sub-packaging and marking.
- Compares identifying information and counts, weighs, or measures items of outgoing shipments to verify information against contracts, bills of lading, invoices, orders, or other records.
- Prepares and maintains files of appropriate shipping paperwork for international and domestic shipments.
- Maintains tracking information in shipping log.
- Trains and assists workers in shipping, packaging and warehouse activities as required
- Maintains inventory of shipping materials and supplies.
- Up to 30-40% of time to be spent on Inventory Control, and Material Handling activities
- Maintenance of data integrity in MRP system as related to inventory transactions.
- Operate a forklift for moving or stacking materials.
- Operate tier-lift truck or use hand truck to move, convey, or hoist shipments from shipping and receiving platform to storage or work areas.
- May use standard hand and power woodworking tools and banding equipment.
- Collaborates with others to optimize processes.
- Complete other duties as directed by the Supply Chain Manager or Warehouse Lead.