A large distribution center located in the Riverside area is seeking an Inventory Clerk.
Shift: 8am - 4:30pm
Summary: Responsible for adhering to procedures and guidelines relating to Inventory Control, Shipping & Receiving and Warehousing.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following essential functions. Other duties may be assigned.
- Maintain the integrity, accuracy and control of the on-hand inventory.
- Receive inbound materials, perform QC Inspection, Unit Count Verification and Initial Item
Set-up/Receipt Entry into the WMS system. Inform Fulfillment Manager of any discrepancies including overages, shortages or damages.
- Perform Put-away, Returns Inspection/Processing, Product Disposal and Cycle Counting.
- Effectively manage the available warehouse space.
- Accurately pull and issue materials in support of kitting and special Projects.
- Participate in order pick & pack, kitting and special projects.
- Participate in the processing of orders flowing into the OMS system.
- Process orders utilizing Shipping System software and stage for tendering.
- Participate in maintaining the cleanliness of the facility.
- Performs other tasks as assigned by the Fulfillment Manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
To perform this job successfully, the Inventory Control/Material Handler should have good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, OMS, WMS & Shipping Systems software.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Other Abilities:
- Time Management skills.
- Good Oral and Written Communication skills.
- Customer Service skills.
- Highly Organized.
- Detail Oriented.
- Flexibility relating to work days and hours/extra hours.
- Work well as a team member in a time-sensitive, fast-paced & service-oriented environment.