San Bernardino, California
Manufacturer in the City of Riverside is seeking an enthusiastic self-starter with a strong drive to improve existing processes & systems. The ideal candidate would have excellent organizational skills, ability to balance immediate/ long term priorities, and exceptional multitasking skills are a necessity. An individual with these qualities would be successful in the Buyer Admin position.
A Day on the Job:
- Responsible for the on-time procurement and delivery of production parts and materials
- Delivery coordination of raw materials and components to support production schedule
- Ensure all parts and materials procured meet standards of Quality, Efficacy, and Safety.
- Manage suppliers with an emphasis on cost savings and on-time delivery
- Communicate with suppliers to ensure delivery schedule, cost, order maintenance, etc.
- Communicate with Inventory department as necessary to ensure timely and accurate
- delivery and receipt of parts and materials
- Provide procurement and logistics support
- Minor inventory management
- Prepare purchase orders and update MRP with the confirmed delivery date
- Provide status reports to management
- Create and maintain Excel spreadsheets
- Review pricing, quantity discounts, terms & transportation requirements to determine if
- they meet departmental deadlines & objectives.
- Reviews & analyzes MRP requirements to expedite or reschedule as needed.
- Provides material impact analysis and initiate approved changes in production as
- Ability to effectively work with cross-functional departments Adheres to all company
- policies, safety rules and safe work practices.
- Works overtime as required.
What you need to be considered:
- Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the field of purchasing.
- Understanding of component parts, including an understanding of engineering
- Understanding of manufacturing and warehouse operations and inventory controls
- Able to extract technical requirements from CAD drawings and engineering blueprints.
- Ability to reason mathematically using methods/formulas to problem solve.
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative
- solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Sound analytical, planning, multi-tasking, organization, coordination & problem-solving skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Intermediate to Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter with ability to work independently under pressure and react quickly to changing priorities.
Education and Experience:
Associates degree required in Business, Operations, Supply Chain, or related field.
Bachelor’s degree preferred.
3+ years’ experience in procurement or material management (raw materials a plus) in a