Chief Operating Officer
Chief Operating Officer
Recycling Industry Leader located in Fontana, CA, is seeking an experienced Chief Operating Officer.
This industry leader specializes in cardboard and plastic recycling, servicing hundreds of medium and large companies. They help companies maximize their recycling revenue by offering eco-friendly programs that are easy to implement and specific to each company’s needs.
They provide services that save today’s environment and tomorrow’s resources.
RESPONSIBILITIES and REQUIREMENTS of the Chief Operating Officer
- The Chief Operating Officer (COO) oversees the organization’s ongoing operations and procedures. As a key member of the senior management team, the COO reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and establishes policies that promote company culture and vision through its operations.
- Write and submit reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Responsible for overseeing operations of the company and the work of executives
- Responsible for establishing policies that promote company culture and vision
- Possess a deep understanding of organizational functions and needs
- Direct responsibility for profit and loss decisions, development and implementation of strategic marketplace plans, sales, safety, customer care, acquisitions, personnel, and coordination of assets
- Secure the functionality of business to drive extensive and sustainable growth
- By setting comprehensive goals for performance and growth, the Chief Operating Officer leads employees and encourages maximum performance and dedication.
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role. Specifically, proven experience in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Responsible for mergers, acquisitions and strategic growth initiatives
- Extensive experience with business turnarounds
- Experience in the purchase and sale of major businesses, post-acquisition integrations, business systems implementations, and business process redesign projects.
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, Marketing, Warehouse, Customer Service Technical Supports, etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Manage relationships with partner/vendors
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office
- Outstanding organizational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Hold Certified Turnaround Professional (CTP) and Member of the Turnaround Management Association (TMA) preferred
- BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MBA
Compensation starting at $125k
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401k, Paid Time Off, Accruable Vacation Time and Paid Holidays