Grand Rapids, Michigan
Established in 1979, Tool Manufacturing company in Grand Rapids is looking for a Machine Designer to add to their team. Competitive salary and benefits. Beautiful work environment.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY: Layout, design and detail machines according to customer specifications by using our chosen CAD system. Maintain updates, revisions on customer modifications.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Knowing the Quality System
• Design of specialty machines
• Review designs for accuracy and functionality
• Provide designs suitable for build purposes
• Maintain a working CAD library
• Identify, suggest and follow through on ideas for improvement
• Work with management to achieve short and long-term objectives
• Maintain good customer/supplier communication
• Manual documentation with an emphasis on technical writing
• Regular attendance is required
• Track work time and job time within Global Shop (GSS)
• Understanding of special machine build process
• Competent use of computer operating system
• Proficiency in CAD software
• Proficient in Parametric Designing methods
• Effective problem solver and self-starter
• Ability to interact effectively with all departments in the organization
• High School Diploma / GED required
• Associate degree in Mechanical Design/Drafting or related field
• Produce quality detailed drawings for build purposes
• Create part prints for quote purposes
• Update models as needed for engineering changes
• Maintain documentation and archives as required
• Provide CAD support to Machine Builders as needed
• Other duties as assigned
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to walk.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Also, must be able to push/pull 7 5 pounds.
• The ability to perceive and analyze details of machine using close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
For immediate consideration, please send your resume to email@example.com or apply online.