Grand Rapids, Michigan
Established in 1979, this tool manufacturing company is adding a Machine Builder to their staff in Grand Rapids. Outstanding salary and benefits. Beautiful work environment.
OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY: Fits and assembles components to construct, rebuild, and repair machines and equipment.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Knowing the quality system
• Meet production schedules
• Identify, suggest and implement ideas for improvement
• Work with management to achieve short and long term objectives
• On time delivery of machine build group
• Regular attendance is required
• Track work time and job time within Global Shop (GSS).
• Cross training in all operations of machine build group
• Basic understanding of how a business operates
• Goal setting/problem solving techniques
• Communication and conflict resolution
• High School/ GED
• 6 to 8 years machine build experience preferred
• Coordinate activities of Machine Build Group.
• Ensure established quality procedures are being followed.
• Review production schedules with Special Machines Manager.
• Set production schedule to insure on time delivery.
• Maintain and document "As Built" changes on prints.
• Train and assist others in machine build group.
• Compliance with all safety and housekeeping guidelines.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee frequently is required to walk.
• The employee is occasionally required to sit, stoop, kneel, or crouch.
• The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Also must be able to push/pull 7 5 pounds.
• The ability to perceive and analyze details of parts using close vision, distance vision and peripheral vision.
Apply directly by sending your resume to email@example.com or apply online