Local manufacturing company in the Redlands is seeking a Shipping Clerk to join their team! The company has been in operation since 1962 and manufacture of environmental monitoring instrumentation for cleanrooms in controlled and regulated environments. Please call our office (909)792-1252.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is responsible for receiving incoming parts and products each day. As Receiver, the clerk verifies all items received. This includes checking the description of the items received against the description on the Purchase Order and the packing slip, as well as verifying the count of the items received against the Purchase Order and the vendors count on the packing slip.
The Shipping and Receiving Clerk is also responsible for preparing items for shipment. The clerk boxes units for shipment, weighs boxed units to calculate shipping costs, and completes paperwork or enters information onto shipper websites in preparation for shipping, and invoices sales orders, as required, that have been released for shipping. The Shipping Clerk verifies all items on the Sales Order against the items being packed to assure that the order is complete, and any shipping specifications listed are met.
High School Diploma and/or Equivalent Experience.
Salary $13.00 an hour Temp to Hire
- Check Purchase Order line item against corresponding packing slip line item.
- Check package description against P/O and packing slip description.
- Date and initial deliveries for each line item received on the P/O.
- Make manual or weight counts, as appropriate, and verify against P/O and packing slip.
- Report discrepancies to Purchasing and follow the actions directed by Purchasing.
- Make appropriate entries into the database record of received items.
- File active P/Os in P/O file.
- Insure shipping methods meet customer requirements, including carrier and priority requirements.
- Analyze sales orders and product for accuracy.
- Ship orders using UPS, FedEx, DHL and U. S. postal (International /domestic) single box and LTL methods.
- Prepare shipments properly, including weighing, packing, and completing Bill of Lading.
- Maintain adequate inventory of shipping supplies, including tape, boxes, bags, shrink-wrap, etc.
- Support and work with all departments in a positive and productive manner to help the company meet its monthly goals and objectives and daily shipping requirements.
- Adhere to company’s attendance policies.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.