A recycling organization is seeking a full charge bookkeeper to join their team! The ideal candidate would have ten years of experience and thrives in an independent role with minimal to no supervision. This position requires handling all aspects of a small business office. This organization offers a generous benefits package and a flexible schedule located in Redlands, Ca. To be considered, please submit your resume to email@example.com.
A Day on the job:
- All aspects of accounts payable, including setting up new accounts
- All aspects of accounts receivable, including collections and fulfilling customer requests
- Bi-weekly in-house payroll, including paying payroll taxes and preparing quarterly taxes
- Liaison with bank representative and financial advising
- Liaison with insurance brokers and policy analyzing
- Filing quarterly sales tax returns
- Filing annual property tax statements for two counties
- Proposal and contract preparation
- AQMD permitting and reporting for large equipment fleet
- OSHA requirements and safety
- Supporting CEO as needed
- File retention
- Financial reporting, including journal entries, bank reconciliation, depreciation, and monthly reports
- Human resources, including maintaining Employee Handbook and workers’ compensation injuries.
- 10 to 15 years of experience as full charge bookkeeper
- Proficiency in Microsoft office, including Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Proficiency in Accounting Software. Sage 50 or Peachtree is preferred but not required.
- Attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills
- High School degree with some college courses in accounting
- Bilingual a plus but not required