Site Safety Officer
Site Safety Officer
Site Safety Officer needed for well-established construction company based out of Norco, CA. The Site Safety Officer will be responsible for the daily coordination of the accident prevention program for a large project in Visalia, CA. The project is estimated to start in November 2020 and is estimated to last one year. This company offers great work environment, competitive salary and outstanding benefits!
- OSHA Construction 30 hour
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in construction or related safety environment, required.
- Extensive knowledge of: Fall Protection Standards and Construction Safety Orders
- Working knowledge of: CALOSHA and other state and federal agency guidelines
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills and computer skills
- Ability to mentor and lead and must be bilingual in Spanish
- Ability to work in high production environment and respond quickly and effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Administer, direct and manage compliance with the company safety program and local accident prevention efforts to ensure company safety goals are met. This includes the authority and ability to change and/or adjust work procedures as may be required to ensure the safety of affected employees and the general public
- Initiate, perform and document job-site inspections and audits with special emphasis on hazard recognition, unsafe behaviors and correction of potential third party, asset loss and workers compensation losses. This necessitates the ability to think independently, communicate thoroughly and facilitate the implementation of corrections/behaviors.
- Coordinate and control the development and review of job hazard analysis for each major phase of our work to ensure its safe completion. This includes assessing the need for and facilitating the training for each JHA as may be required.
- Ability to consistently act with integrity and credibility, by abiding by and enforcing company's Code of Conduct on a daily basis.
Physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit and use hands to operate a computer keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and must have the ability to climb stairs and ladders in a construction/plant environment. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds from floor to waist. Specific vision abilities required by this job include at least 20/30 Snellen in one eye and 20/50 in the other, with or without corrective lenses; adequate hearing, with or without a hearing aid; ability to distinguish colors. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions; subject to outside working conditions.