Senior Human Resources Generalist
Senior Human Resources Generalist
Located in Redlands, CA, a growing full service dermatology group is looking to hire a Senior Human Resources Generalist. This is a full time, non-exempt, position that reports to the Director of Human Resources.
The Senior HR Generalist will work alongside or assist the Director of Human Resources with the daily functions and operations of the Human Resource (HR) Department.
• Recruits, interviews, and facilitates the hiring of qualified job applicants for open positions. Collaborates with departmental managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria for all positions company wide.
• Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process.
• Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available roles, industry standards, and the needs of the organization.
• Oversees all job postings and advertisement processes. • Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions.
• Pre-screens applications and selects qualified candidates for consideration by the hiring manager and/or Director of Operations.
• Schedules interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials.
• Assists with the interview process, scheduling, preparing, attending and conducting interviews with managers, directors, and other stakeholders.
• Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details.
• Attends and participates in college and/or city job fairs and recruiting sessions.
• Work closely with the payroll department regarding all new hire documentation, direct deposits, changes to withholdings or address changes.
• Coordinate pre-employment drug tests and background checks and conduct orientation of new employees to the organization.
• Performs administrative and clerical support. Assist with projects and other work tasks required to meet business needs.
• Prepare paperwork needed to create new employee files, input new employees into HRIS system, maintain employee file records, ensuring compliance and accuracy at all times.
• Verify and maintain accuracy of data in HRIS and timekeeping system.
• Maintain sensitive and confidential information in the utmost professional manner.
• Proactively stay abreast of legal and regulatory developments that impact human resources functions, to include federal, state, and local (if applicable) payroll wage compliance laws,
for medical environments and ensure compliance with HIPAA and all labor regulations.
• Contributes to the participation of reporting issues related to safety or compliance to the Director of Human Resources.
• Reviews, tracks, and documents compliance with mandatory and non-mandatory training, continuing education, and work assessments. This may include
safety training, anti-harassment training, professional licensure, and aptitude exams and certifications.
• Conducts or acquires background checks and employee eligibility verifications.
• Helps to administer employee recognition programs.
• Performs routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including compensation, benefits, leave, disciplinary matters, disputes and
investigations, performance and talent management, productivity, recognition, and morale, occupational health and safety and training and development.
• Handles employment-related inquiries from applicants, employees, and supervisors, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the Director of Human Resources.
• If requested, attends and participates in employee disciplinary meetings, terminations, and investigations.
• Maintains compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education, Experience and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, or equivalent work experience, required.
• Minimum of five years’ experience as a Senior HR Generalist, Manager or Business Partner.
• Expertise with HRIS software programs.
• Intermediate to advance knowledge of federal, state and local wage and labor laws. Workers Compensation, OSHA, PDL, FMLA, CFRA, ADA and FFCRA.
• Advanced computer expertise, including proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
• Strong analytical and abstract reasoning skills.
• PHR-ca certification required.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with good negotiation tactics.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to create and implement sourcing strategies for recruitment for a variety of roles.
• Exceptional attention detail.
• Organization, independence and confidentiality focus.
• Proactive and independent with the ability to take initiative.
• Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
• Familiarity with laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment.
• Proficient with or the ability to quickly learn applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems.
• Computer expertise, including proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer.
• Communication Proficiency.
• Performance Management.
• Business Acumen.
• Results Driven.
• Organizational Skills.
• Presentation Skills.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional corporate medical environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The employee is required to sit and use both hands for typing for extended periods of time; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl periodically. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee is required to multi-task, stay organized and manage a large workload. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, non-exempt position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8 hour a day shifts, 24 of those hours per week will be worked working out of the corporate headquarters. Employee must be available during the “core” work hours and must work 40 hours each week to maintain full-time status. Long hours and occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires up to 70% travel. Frequent travel to multiple clinic locations which are located throughout the Inland Empire and surrounding areas.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.