CNC Machinist- 1st
CNC Machinist- 1st
San Bernardino, California
Local manufacturing company located in San Bernardino looking to hire for a CNC Machinist. The company has been in operation for over 43 year, they manufacturers and distributes high-quality packaging materials and related innovative packaging machines. The company's products are used primarily for the protection of perishable foods, beverages, and in health care applications. Please send your updated resume to email@example.com
Summary: Responsible for setting up and running Computer Numerically Controlled (CNC) metal working machines. Fabricate, erect, install, and maintain facility machinery.
Position: 1st shift
Pay-Rate: $20-$24 (DOE)
Education and Experience:: Position requires high school diploma and 1-5 years’ experience minimum.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all activities involving fabricating, inspecting, deburring parts for capital equipment machinery.
- Computes with machine indexing and settings for specified dimension and base reference points.
- Sets-up and operates CNC Mills and or Lathes to perform diversified machining operations.
- Follows pre-determined procedures, mounts holding fixtures and cutters, loads program taps or electronically transfers programs and makes specified control settings.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Changes set- ups and cutters/tools as required.
- Sets and adjusts speed, feeds and depth of cut to machine parts to specifications set forth in blueprints and drawings.
- Verifies starting materials are adequate prior to beginning to work.
- Responsible for quality of the finished product or services outlined above.
- Make recommendations, as needed, to other machinists as to possible solutions to machining problems.
- Will conduct in-process inspections to verify that all quality standards are being maintained.
- Move incoming/outgoing material within the department.
- Adheres to all company policies, safety rules and safe work practices.
- Assists with the training of junior machinists when required.
- Maintains regular attendance and excellent punctuality.
- Works overtime as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required To Perform the Essential Job Functions:
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Basic reading, writing, and some advanced arithmetic skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Experience using one or more of the following tools: Lathe, milling machine, drill press, and vertical/horizontal cut off saw.
- Relies on experience and judgement to plan and accomplish goals.
- Ability to work in a team environment.