San Bernardino, California
Local manufacturing company located in San Bernardino looking to hire for a Machinist. The company has been in operation for over 43 year, they manufacturers and distributes high-quality packaging materials and related innovative packaging machines. The company's products are used primarily for the protection of perishable foods, beverages, and in health care applications. Please send your updated resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position: 1st shift
Pay-Rate: $20-$24 (DOE)
Summary: Responsible for fabricating replacement and new parts for machinery. Fabricate, erect, install, and maintain facility machinery.
Education and Experience: Position requires high school diploma and 2-5 years experience running a centerless grinder in a machine shop setting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required To Perform the Essential job functions:
- Working knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance.
- Skilled in running a centerless grinder
- Additonal experience using one or more of the following tools: Lathe, milling machine, drill press, and vertical/horizontal cut off saw.
- Basic reading, writing, and some advanced arithmetic skills required.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all activities involving fabricating, inspecting, deburring parts for capital equipment machinery.
- Computes with machine indexing and settings for specified dimension and base reference points.
- Studies blue prints, work orders, or machining instructions to determine product dimensions, tooling, and to plan operational sequence.
- Turn off and lock out equipment when not in use.
- Sets up and operates centerless grinder, vertical mill, surface grinder, hone or engine lathe to perform machining operations such as turning, boring, reaming, milling angles and contours.
- Sets and adjusts speed, feeds and depth of cut to machine parts to specifications set forth in blueprints and drawings.
- Verfies starting materials are adequate prior to beginning to work.
- Responsible for quality of the finished product or services outlined above.
- Make recommendations, as needed, to other machinists as to possible solutions to machining problems.