1st Shift - Press Operator
1st Shift - Press Operator
Rancho Cucamonga, California
A Large Manufacturing plant located in the Rancho Cucamonga, CA area is seeking Mechanical Assemblers for their 1st Shift. This position is Temp to Hire and offers great opportunities for growth!
Hours: 5am - 2:30pm
PURPOSE (Brief, concise statement of expected results: the reason the position exists):
Performs set-up, start-up, and shut-down of Injection and Compression molding machines and other related process equipment. Operates a single or multiple Molding Machines to produce molded products and parts from pre-mixed standard rubber and gum stock compounds. Removes molded products from machine, may trim off sprue, flash, etc. as required. Monitors cycle times and machine settings to achieve acceptable parts.
High School Graduate or equivalent. Vocational training preferred but not required.
0 - 2 years rubber molding experience in a production environment or equivalent.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (These are things the candidate should possess prior to being hired, i.e., computer skills):
- Analytical/Problem solving skills
- Strong electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Production Processes (Rubber Molding, Milling, etc.)
- Basic Mechanical Measurement and Instrumentation skills
- Oral and written Communication skills
- Able to read and understand Workorders and Manufacturing Instructions
- Able to read and understand Blueprints and Technical Manuals
- Good manual dexterity
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to handle multiple programs and tasks simultaneously and efficiently
DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES (List the essential functions of the position, i.e., what incumbent is required to do, not how it is done):
- Operates and maintains all rubber molding equipment.
- Performs set-up, start-up, and shut down of Injection and Compression molding machines and other related process equipment.
- Reads Work Orders, Manufacturing Instructions, and Blue Prints to determine processes and material requirements to complete job.
- Run production processes of various rubber molded parts on either an Injection molding or Compression molding Press per process and material requirements to produce parts.
- Operation of Injection and Compression Molding Presses.
- Observes press operation to detect part defects or machine malfunction.
- Examines molded product for surface defects, non-fills, discoloration, and contamination.
- Performs minor part clean up such as removal of sprues, flash, etc.
- Performs all job duties in accordance with published procedures.
- Completes other duties as directed by the Department Lead or Supervisor.
If you feel that you have what it takes to be successful in this position, PLEASE call us at 909-786-4320 or apply NOW! We look forward to hearing from you!