Local manufacturing company in the Redlands is seeking an/a Buyer to join their team! The company has been in operation since 1962 and manufacture of environmental monitoring instrumentation for cleanrooms in controlled and regulated environments. Please call our office (909)792-1252 or email your resume to email@example.com to be considered.
Shift: Monday thru Friday, (temp to hire)
- High School diploma required, Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a Purchasing environment. Electronics manufacturing or wholesale experience preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills
- AS-400 experience preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Strong negotiation
- Complete Company Training Program
- Identify component specifications, determine possible vendors, and submit request for quotes with MOQs.
- Procure materials, supplies, components and equipment meeting designated specifications and identify suppliers able to provide reliable lead times.
- Track purchase orders and follow-up with supplier to ensure on-time delivery, and mitigate or eliminate production downtime.
- Communicate with all departments to keep them informed of any issues that may occur during the order process.
- Complete weekly and monthly department reports
- Build relationships with suppliers and negotiate with them for the best quality, price, and availability.
- Analyze market trends and apply this knowledge to make insightful buying decisions.
- Coordinate requisitions with our Planning Department and management teams.
- Handle vendor non-conformance and accounting invoice issues, as necessary.
- Report order discrepancies and non-conformances to vendors and arrange for return and credit of rejected materials.
- Perform other tasks and assignments as directed by the Purchasing Manager.
- Maintain all standard operating procedures in compliance with ISO 9001.