Local Manufacturing Company in the Yucaipa is seeking an/a Purchasing Buyer to join their team! The company been in business since 1956. As one of the top manufacturing companies in the area, the company has over 400 employees and is continuing to grow. They are a leader in microtechnology; thriving in a culture of innovation and attracting exceptional individuals who continually seek new challenges. Please call our office (909)792-1252 or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered.
Summary: Purchases machinery, equipment, tools, parts, supplies, raw materials, or services as needed to support operational requirements. Maintains physical inventory through Epicor (MRP).
What a Day on the Job Looks Like:
- Solicits bid proposals, prepares purchase orders and reviews requisitions for goods and services.
- Communicates with production and vendors to discuss defective or unacceptable goods, equipment, machinery, services or raw material and determines corrective action.
- Negotiates and analyzes price proposals and other information to determine best pricing and delivery cost. Resolves internal vendor invoice discrepancies to support Accounts Payable.
- Participates in inventory control activities for warehoused items and or raw materials that include material issues, cycle counting, min/max determinations and quantity adjustments and physical inventories. Maintains accurate part number information.
- Maintains and reviews Vantage and or manual records of items purchased, costs, deliveries, product, quantities, condition, payments, credits, consignments, back logs, returns, and inventories.
What You Need to be Considered:
- Knowledge of purchasing principles and best practices
- Manages and creates files and electronic records
- Competence in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and able to effectively function in the ERP software system
- Able to work in a team with co-workers to resolve work issues, interpret instructions both written and oral.
- Able to communicate effectively in English