Business Development Manager
1365 North Ayala Drive Rialto, CA 92376 US
Plastic Manufacturer is seeking a Business Development Manager. This position directly reports to the General Manager. The Business Development Manager will be responsible for development and implementation of a strategic plan for the company s filling equipment offerings. The ideal candidate will have five years of experience managing plastic/polymer - based technical product lines and must be passionate about growth and profitability improvement.
What Do You Need To Qualify?
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree, preferably from within one of the following fields of study: Electrical or Mechanical Engineering o Candidate must have a strong business acumen; therefore, an advanced degree (MBA) and/or additional coursework in business, management, finance is desired.
- Preferred a minimum of 5 years experience in managing plastic/polymer-based technical product lines, preferable within the value-adding film converting and liquid processing and packaging.
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication (verbal and written), and organizational skills.
What a Day on the Job Looks Like?
- Working closely with Sales Director, Inside Sales Team and Technical Services team to understand
- our market, product offerings, capabilities and find opportunities to strengthen our market position.
- In collaboration with Operations, Scheduling, Planning, the Business Development Manager leads asset optimization initiatives (asset utilization, production rate and efficiency improvement and waste reduction).
- Responsible for maintaining/optimizing existing Product offering and developing new and profitable product generations.
- Supports commercial team within the relevant Market Segment (Protein, Dairy, Food, Medical), in close cooperation with the relevant Business Unit (BU), Operations and R&D.
- Responsible for Product cost improvements through structure/bill of material changes; manufacturing process improvement; logistics/distribution; etc.
- Responsible for managing the Product Roadmap, a strategic expression of the upcoming product development needs and market evolution.
- Responsible for provision all company required reporting that pertains to equipment-related activities inside and outside of the BU.
- Responsible for training of any relevant personnel dealing directly or indirectly with the equipment, including delivering or preparing relevant training for clients.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating new product development together with R&D from inception to commercialization including product ideation, direct testing, prototype/sampling activities, equipment launch and sales performance monitoring.
- The Business Development Manager plays a critical role in pricing recommendations and controls the establishment of cost targets of the equipment and will be measured on the achievement of target margins; preparation of specification material and equipment feature sheets.
- Must interface well with all relevant internal parties (Market Directors, Sales Representatives, Operations, QA, Marketing, Product Management, etc.) to represent relevant needs, opportunities, client feedback, complaints etc.
- Responsible for the annual budgeting process (Product sales, price, cost, departmental spending, product development, market research, marketing communications, training, travel and entertainment).
- Promotes teamwork, cooperation, and effective communication within all participating Market Segments and within the company more broadly. Interacts with all levels of the organization.
- Maintains a safe working environment and performs all duties in a safe and professional manner.