1980 Orange Tree Lane Redlands, CA 92373 US
Investment Firm in Redlands, Ca is seeking an Accountant/Tax Preparer to join their team.
Why work here?
- Competitive Pay
- Direct Hire - Full Time
- Generous Benefits Package - Vision, Medical, Vacation, 401(k)
- Work life balance with an alternative work schedule. Work remote one day a week. Short day every Friday.
- Surround yourself working professionals striving to meet a common goal.
What do you need to Qualify?
- GAAP: 5 years (Required)
- Excellent Analytical skills
- Understanding of Tax (B.A.T) reporting
- Tax: 3 years (Preferred)
- 501(c)3 accounting: 1 year (Preferred)
- S-Corp Tax Prep: 1 year (Preferred)
- C-Corp Tax Prep: 1 year (Preferred)
- LLC Tax Prep: 3 years (Preferred)
- CPA (Preferred)
- Enrolled Agent with active PTIN (Preferred)
What a day as an Accountant/Tax look like?
- Working on client accounting files to provide accuracy relevant to Bookkeeping, Accounting, and Tax (B.A.T.) reporting.
- You will provide essential accounting services, in order to adequately update and manage client s financial documents and records.
- Work closely with Case Managers and Client Services Accounting Manager, ensuring client financials are in conjunction with any financial strategies recommended.
- In addition, you, will provide excellent analytical skills, while following proper accounting principles using GAAP accounting guidelines.
- Review client QB files to ensure accurate reporting, categorization, and representation.
- The accountant will also work directly with clients, external bookkeepers, CPA s, and tax preparers as needed in an accountant capacity.
- Verifying, allocating, and reconciling client accounts
- Analyzing financial information and summarizing financial status
- Provide technical support to clients, and associated 3rdparty client associates as needed (CPA s, Bookkeepers, etc.)
- Collect and file client data as needed (QB files, financial statements, banking guest user access, etc.), to complete and reconcile client financials
- Review bookkeepers QB files to ensure their accuracy
- Work closely with internal Tax Preparer and Case Manager to ensure financials are in order, and tax returns are filed accurately, and on time
- Work closely with bookkeepers, to ensure accuracy in protocol, identify and provide training as opportunities arise
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Assist Tax Preparer with the preparation of tax returns as needed
- Assist BAT Dept. and case managers with client audits to ensure compliance as needed
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to ensure accuracy and increase department efficiencies
- Collect, review, and implement changes within client QB files to external bookkeepers as needed
- Reconcile & close year end client financials with tax returns
- Review client financials monthly/quarterly based on complexity
- Work with Case Managers to prioritize clients
- Liaise with Case Manager and Operations manager to improve financial procedures year over year